Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Walked 0.6 miles

We're baby tending two grandchildren the first three days this week. One is in school today, and the other was at home with us. We went for a walk with the one at home and did about 0.6 miles around the neighborhood. My wife and I walked, and our granddaughter drove our jeep.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Ended the week with another 2.1 miles

My wife and I started our run about 10:10 am, still early enough to get some shade. We drove to the South Jordan East Pavilion and went north. I took a short rest break at the bench that is 1/2 mile south of the 100th Street parking lot where we usually park. I also took a short break at the bench on the way back that is about 0.3 miles south of the tunnel under 106th South. There were a lot of cyclists and walkers on the path but not many runners.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

2.1 Miles Again

Judy and I were out early this morning, about 9:15 am. We drove to the East Pavilion at 108th South and went south. My oxygen level was higher, and I felt fine while I ran. I took no rest stops on the way down and only one on the way back. The temperature was in the 60s (F), and it was a nice Fall morning. We saw a few cyclists on the path but not many walkers or runners.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Judy and I ran/walked for another 2.1 miles

We started our run about 11:30 am. When we left the parking lot, there were only two cars in the lot, besides our car. But, when we returned there were quite a few cars in the lot. We went north but didn't see many people on the path. I guess they went south. We did see, though a lot of cyclists on the path, but they likely didn't park in the lot at 100th South.

I took no rest stops on the way out, but I took two stops on the way back. I was tired when I finished my run but not as tired as I was last week. The temperature during our run was about 85 (F), and it was a nice day to be out. No wind of any kind, just nice Fall weather.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Did 1.5 miles

My wife and I just finished 1.5 miles going around our neighborhood. We were out in the late afternoon and got home just before it got dark. I was pretty tired when I finished. I need to eat more when I'm going out in the late afternoon. All I had to eat today was a banana for breakfast and  a couple of cheese sandwiches in the early afternoon. I don't know what that translates to in calories, but it's probably not enough to keep my body going much less going 1.5 miles for exercise. I woke up about 8 am this morning and wasn't hungry. I spent the day doing blog work and didn't feel hungry at all. Even right now I don't feel hungry.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Did 2.1 miles

My wife and I were out about 11 am, and we went south from 100th South.I took no rest stops on the way down but several on the way back. The temperature was in the mid 80s (F), and it was nice to be out. A lot of people, mostly families with children, were on the path, enjoying the Fall temperature.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Another 2 miles

My wife and I were out in the late morning and went north from 100 South. We went north, because that route has more shade than going south. On the way back, we struggled with a 30-40 mph head wind, and I went slower than I would have gone if there was no headwind. Fortunately, the trees and bushes broke some of the headwind, but there were sections when we faced the full fury of the wind.

My wife saw a Heron standing in the river. The bird was gone when I went by the river. The following picture was taken from the web.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ran/walked 2 miles again

Judy and I started our run about 10 am, later that we had wanted. Due to the shorter days, that time was like 9 am during the summer. I felt fine during the first mile but was tired during the second mile. I took a rest at the turn around point (1 mile) at the bench at the north end of the Sandy golf course, and I took two rest breaks on the way back. Even though it was in late morning, there was a reasonable amount of shade on the path. I didn't check it, but the temperature was probably in the mid 80s.